Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clement_2006

Cedrus gallery 2016

clement_2006
8 years ago

Cedrus libanii var atlantica 'Fastgiata'

Cedrus libanii 'Camie', dubble graft on standart.

Cedrus deodara 'Pygmy'

Comments (22)

• severnside
    8 years ago

Cedrus deodara 'Buffalo' (Not sure if it's 'Mt.Buffalo') baby.

• severnside
    8 years ago

Cedrus libani 'Green Prince'

• Will Fletcher
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I can't get the new format to show downloaded photos nor photos from my photobucket...

• User
    8 years ago

Clement, I see that you have Cedrus libanii "Camie" coming along very healthy and vibrant. Hope to see and hear more of your progress with this WB that you are propagating. The graft on the standard really hope show it off. Thank you; I'll be one of the first in line to get one, love the name too (honoring your mother). Cheers

• Mike McGarvey
    8 years ago

Will, after you click on comment you will see a box on the bottom that says photo. When you click on that you can you can transfer a picture to your comment directly from your computer. Photobucket is not needed. Easier for me once I got my pictures more organized in my computer.

Try it.

Mike.....ducking in out of the rain

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    8 years ago

Will- If you do want to use a Photpbucket pic, use the Photo icon and copy the "Direct" link from Photobucket and paste it in the File name.

tj

• Will Fletcher
    8 years ago

Mine won't work, for either function...

• Mike McGarvey
    8 years ago

It could be slow to load. Sorta like me. I don't have a name for this Cedrus weeper.

Mike.....watching it rain

• User
    8 years ago

WOW Mike; another beauty, what a specimen. No Name? Cheers,

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    8 years ago

Will-

Your Mt. St. Catherine.

It took about 2 minutes to load. This is what I pasted in the File name:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr155/Silentthundr/Conifers%20C/DSCN5811_zpsr2lfv0es.jpg

tj

• User
    8 years ago

TJ; thanks, you beat me to pasting Will's photobucket file. Totally incredible Will; I was so busy going thru all the pics when I got into the link; but TJ got it done, hope you get things work out --- so we can see more of your posting. What a dramatic change; but I new it was your garden as I progress thru the pics, some familiar garden features help me to recognize it. Nice past pics (old) really help to see the evolution of the garden; the incredible growth from three years ago posting when I first viewed your incredible collection. You have added allot more treasures too. Did I say "WOW" & "AWESOME"!!!! Thank you so much TJ for helping to sharing Will's pics.

Will, I'm staying as a member now that you are back. I'm still new to the forum; so I'm still learning too, on how to post pics and so far gotten some really good help. I'll have to post more now; so I can practice on posting too, finally got a handle on idea books. Cheers

• Will Fletcher
    8 years ago

Cedrus deodara 'Home Park' - About 12 years old now.

Conifers · More Info

Cedrus atlantica 'Hillier's H.B.'

Conifers · More Info
    Kind of cheating, as Cedrus deodara 'Prostrate Beauty' is in the photo but it's not in a starring role. :)
    Conifers · More Info

More later, now that I got some photos to work.

-Will

• ireena (zone 5-6)
    8 years ago

Wow, thank you, Clément that you started again this nice tradition - Plant Galleries!!

I really missed them:)

Ireena

• User
    8 years ago

Will; great combinations of JM and conifer collections on your last pic, one of the features that made me recognize your fabulous garden -- that delphinium (King Arthur?" also really makes the texture and color of the surrounding conifers stands out. Cedrus deodara" Prostrate Beauty" at the base of it to boot. Cheers,

• Mike McGarvey
    8 years ago

I have a beat up Deodara with a slight yellow tinge in the new growth. I don't see a graft so it's probably an un-named yellow seedling. Wet snow and heavy ice has taken it's toll over the years, giving it some character. I don't have a problem with that.

The branches are too large and lush for it's own good. Maybe in leaner soil it wouldn't have that problem here. It has lost it's top several times and will continue to do so. What fun! ;-)

The rocks on the left are patiently waiting to be placed in an arrangement complimenting an outcrop.

Mike

• clement_2006
    Original Author
    8 years ago

The first grafts of Cedrus libanii 'Camie', not potted plants availlable. But I have a good succès.

• User
    8 years ago

Clement; I would like to get a couple of them, I'm not sure if you have access to ship to the US. Please e-mail or I'll have to wait until it's made available here. I love all Cedrus libanii; so I'll have to have for my collection, to monitor and watch grow in comparison to the others. Especially; since it's a new one that you got the WB to graft up. Cheers,

• clement_2006
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Cedrus libanii 'Silberspitz'

• d m
    8 years ago

Cedrus deodara 'Feelin Blue', photo taken in spring '13 after the snowload bent her to the ground and made me feelin' blue, so i tied her back to the stake as seen on picture... but the cedar had other plans and took to the sky bravely. next photo is from this january.

• Garen Rees
    8 years ago

Cedrus atlantica 'Sapphire Nymph'

• garcanad
    8 years ago

Cedrus is one conifer that I ready envy those who can grow them (Zone 6 and warmer). This is just a pic to show my fellow Zone 5 conifer lovers my valiant attempt:

Cedrus deodara 'Eiswinter'

It survived the brutal record low temperature of winter of 2013 with little damage. After the even more brutal winter of 2014 with temperature below - 25C for prolong period (weeks), it came back with significant browning, and appeared to recover by the end of July 2015 with the needles returned to green. Unfortunately, by the end of August, it suddenly died down to the level where the snow cover was. This is a pic of it after recovery in Aug 2014.