Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
firefightergardener

Four years of Abies koreana 'Wellenseind'

I will forever remember the late Dennis Dodge for the rare and high quality plants he sold, including this one. Those who knew him called him a great guy, I just wish I knew him better.

This four year thread is kind of a misnomer, as these photos are from 2011, 2013, 2014(Spring) and today(late 2014).

A great little orb of silver and green. Unique, like many koreana's in push.

2014(Spring)

2014(hardened foliage)

-Will

Comments (8)

• zephyrgal
    9 years ago

So good to see your posts. Thanks for for showing up, love your photos and gardens.

• gardener365
    9 years ago

It's absolutely dynamite. One of the best.

Dax

• bamboo_nuts
    9 years ago

It is such a beautiful plant you got there Will.
    Do you happen to know where I can purchase it via the net?
    Thanks Will!
    J.N

• outback63 Dennison
    9 years ago

Neat little Abies.

I will always be a step behind you, as I can't grow these guys, Keep posting as I enjoy all your posts have to offer..

Dave

• sugi
    9 years ago

Hi Will,

Always nice to see the evolution of your plants, thanks a lot for sharing with us!

Julien

• firefightergardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

J.N. - I'm not sure anyone is selling it as of today, Dennis was the only one I knew who was selling it. I do know some nurseries are growing it - or will be growing it soon.

Glad these growth rate threads are enjoyed still.

-Will

• treeforme
    8 years ago

Hey guys, I know I am picking up late on this post! I sure love the Korean Fir cultivars. I am a newer conifer grafter in Utah and had pretty good success last year. I am wanting to mix it up this year with some new cultivars and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a few scions? I will obviously pay shipping and could even just email you a prepaid USPS label that can be printed, taped on the box and left for the postman to pick up. Thanks!

• severnside
    8 years ago

Treeforme

You'd be as well to make a thread with your request and maybe bump it a couple of times. May get a bite.