Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thedecoguy

Spring flush of Abies concolor 'Creamy'

thedecoguy
12 years ago

Hi

Thought you would like to see this 12 year old. Never fails to put on a show.

Regards Chris.

Comments (17)

• thedecoguy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

And one without the sun.

• dietzjm
    12 years ago

Very cool. Thanks for showing us, Chris. There aren't many pictures of this one out there. Where did you get it from?

Matt

• thedecoguy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Matt
    Got this one from Gordon Haddow of Kenwith Conifers in Devon.

Chris.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

super.. didnt know such existed ..

ken

• coniferjoy
    12 years ago

Chris, you're right with your desription about this conifer, it never fails with put up a show!
    I couldn't think of a better one :0)

The true and full name for this rare beauty is
    Abies concolor var. lowiana 'Creamy'.

• bluespruce53
    12 years ago

Mine started to lose it's colour with age, so got rid a couple of years ago ...

• ricksample
    11 years ago

Nice! I need to add an Abies concolor to my collection

• severnside
    11 years ago

Great plant! Gordon is the man, he's my main source of choice specimens now.

• sluice
    11 years ago

Nice tree!

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

Severnside, you can shake hands with Stephen because Gordon is also his main source of choice specimens ;0)
    May be one day you can go together to that place...

• severnside
    11 years ago

Lol Edwin, that would be nice. I can take a picture of Stephen thanking Gordon for all his help.

• bluespruce53
    11 years ago

haha!! Hell will freeze over before I ever have anything to do with that man again, and I'm far from the only one!! .. and severnside you must have very deep pockets ... :o)

• clement_2006
    11 years ago

Not sure it's a true Abies lowiana, look so lasiocarpa than lowiana.
    Clement

• severnside
    11 years ago

I've had nothing but perfect service, perfect plants and very reasonable market value from Gordon. I ordered three plants on thursday night and they arrived on saturday morning at less P+P than anyone. Not a single piece of new growth damaged.

The website is excellent, he's improving the pictures with one's of actual specimens for sale. I got a refund of money on one occasion unbidden as a plant was 'maybe a bit small', I hadn't thought so.

As for deep pockets, I fail to see how a man can make a living at less than he charges.

Whatever happened to you and the 'others' I wonder at.

• bluespruce53
    11 years ago

Well good for you! severnside, as long as you are happy with the plants and service from Kenwith that's all that matters ...

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

Recently I checked this cultivar if it is a true Abies concolor var. lowiana and have to say that Clement is right because it has nothing to do with this species, it's an Abies lasiocarpa cultivar for sure.

Gordon Haddow has tricked us again for quite a while but these days are over now for this one :0)

It's true name is Abies lasiocarpa 'Creamy'...

• monkeytreeboy15
    11 years ago

Funny you should say that because I was thinking the exact same thing the other day!
    Thanks, Edwin.

-Sam

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting